Kimball Organ History
The Great Kimball pipe organ was commissioned and donated as a gift by the Andrew & Mary Dole. In 1927 the W. W. Kimball Pope Organ Opus # 6949 became the largest totally enclosed organ in the country, if not the world. The new, larger organ retained much of the Hook and Hastings casework, its entire façade and some of its interior pipe work, revoiced. The Kimball organ was dedicated on Sunday, October 9, 1927 and was immediately used for community concerts as well as for worship services.